Our flexible tenancy terms suit businesses needs with just one calendar months’ notice.
Doing business here will give your exposure to more than 55 other local businesses who call Millfields home.
We are committed to giving you as much information as you need when making the decision to rent an office. If you can’t find the information you are looking for, please get in touch
Keep visiting this page to hear about the exciting new developments, projects and community initiatives of the Millfields Trust
Refurbished warehouse space providing 43 business units in Plymouth – offering office and light industrial space.
Located within the Millfields (former Royal Navy Hospital) site, Mary Seacole Road offers 3 buildings with offices and light industrial space to rent. Each spaces comes with a kitchenette, WC and allocated parking, 24/7 security and is accessible.
Creykes Court is a grade two listed building which has been beautifully restored to its former glory, situated within the prestigious Millfields secure site offering office space across four floors. With beautiful surroundings, 24 hour security and an onsite sandwich and coffee bar, this is a great place to do business.
Contemporary office space with instant IT connectivity, our state-of-the-art business center offers an exceptional choice of modern offices across four floors. With high speed internet and the service charge included in our rentals, 24/7 access, onsite meeting rooms and onsite landlords, this is the perfect office space for rent in Plymouth.
Our co-working space located in the Genesis building, is a low cost solution where you can work in an open plan environment.
The Millfields Trust recruitment process has begun as we search for a new Administrative Facilities Manager. This is a fantastic opportunity for a well-organised and motivated individual. Responsible for overseeing the administrative and regulatory operations of the organisation. This includes managing the planned preventative maintenance schedules, managing and monitoring maintenance/buildings budgets, overseeing customer service operations, and ensuring compliance with legal and regulatory requirements including Health and Safety.
The post will involve the following facilities duties:
1. Develop, implement, and manage planned preventative maintenance schedules.
2. Liaise with tenants giving them notice of planned and scheduled works in a timely manner.
3. Manage and monitor maintenance budgets and ensure cost-effective operations. 4. Negotiate with contractors and tender contracts when needed, providing top-level decision-making reports for Chief Executive and Board.
5. In conjunction with the Chief Executive and Finance Manager assist in the preparation of the annual maintenance budget forecasts.
6. Ensure compliance with legal and regulatory requirements working proactively to engage staff and tenants where appropriate. Ensure that all statutory inspections are carried out.
7. Manage Health & Safety policy and procedures for the Trust and all its sites, keeping abreast of new legislation and updating records, staff, and Directors accordingly.
8. Manage site security operations for all sites.
9. Support the maintenance team in areas such as fire alarm & emergency lighting test procedures.
10. Carry out all staff inductions and training requirements, both personal and company requirements. Maintain the HR files and undertake administrative HR duties such as recording leave, assisting in the recruitment of staff, and managing timesheets for temporary members of staff.
11. Ensure staff compliance with company policies and procedures.
12. Oversee customer service operations, including responding to customer enquiries, resolving customer complaints, and providing customer support.
13. Organise, implement and manage the parking strategy and monitor to ensure compliance.
14. Coordinate, plan, and direct services that support the smooth running of an organisation.
15. Liaise with other team members to ensure effective operations of the business.
The post will involve the following administrative duties:
16. Develop and manage administrative policies and procedures ensuring that all administrative systems are maintained and day-to-day administrative tasks are kept up to date.
17. Supervise administrative staff and provide training and development as needed.
18. Greet and direct visitors, in a friendly and helpful manner. Deal with deliveries, answering the telephone, transferring of calls, and recording of messages.
19. Undertake all duties in respect of conference bookings. This will include taking and recording of bookings. In the absence of the Assistant Administrator, this will include servicing of refreshments and preparing the conference rooms to a high standard.
20. Be the ‘go-to’ person for IT requirements/issues and liaise with relevant specialists to provide business solutions for the team.
21. Provide administrative support to the Business Development Managers.
22. Manage the recording and documentation of tenant files including maintaining and setting up systems to record information associated with tenants occupying and vacating business premises and making up and filing tenant documents. Including recording of signage changes.
23. To attend regular Trust meetings and undertake minutes as requested.
24. To assist the Chief Executive as Company Secretary of the Board of Directors, in the process of elections to the Board and in preparing documentation to be submitted to Companies House.
25. Maintain databases in respect of staff, members, Directors, and waiting lists.
26. Recording of incoming mail and distributing accordingly. Filing incoming mail and archiving records when required.
27. Monitor and maintain stock levels for stationery and cleaning materials. Compile orders to re-stock and agree expenditure with the Chief Executive.
28. Administer the petty cash account and submit the final amount at the end of the month.
29. Liaise directly with tenants to quote for office cleaning services and produce cleaning contracts for tenants requiring office cleans.
30. Assist in organising events for the Trust as required. For example, AGM, open days, and charity fundraising events.
31. Assisting the Chief Executive in all aspects of the operation, maintenance, and promotion of Millfields Trust, Millfields Inspired, and Makers HQ.
Millfields Trust is an established social enterprise working to regenerate the Stonehouse neighbourhood of Plymouth. The post is primarily based in our Genesis building, Union Street
Rate of pay: £28,000-£30,000 per year (full-time 37 hours per week).
If you are interested in applying for this role, please download the application pack. Plus the information included on this page. We welcome experienced applicants as well as individuals who may have been out of work for a prolonged period of time.
Feel free to contact 01752 660837 if you require further information or help with completing the application.